A cohort-based five-term, 42-credit program, held in collaboration with the Miami Ad School at Portfolio Center of Atlanta, provides students with an advanced understanding of art and communication theory and their application through a portfolio school model. This model will replicate a creative professional environment allowing graduates to enter the job market with hands-on, professional experience and a portfolio, as well as an established network of industry contacts, ready to begin their creative careers.
All of the courses are a balance of theory and practical application. A heavy emphasis is placed on strategic marketing concepts like consumer behavior, segmentation, distribution and integrated communications as they relate to creative outcomes. This approach translates into a robust premier portfolio to position you for premier agencies/firms in the creative industry in the world.
Students seeking admission to this Master of Arts program will be considered for admission provided they have completed their undergraduate studies with a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.50 (2.75 preferred), and have submitted the following:
- A graduate admissions application, accompanied by a one-time, non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio of 3-5 pieces of previous creative work
- Statement of Intent (500 words)
- Admissions Interview
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA: 2.5 (2.75 preferred) or with permission of the Program Director upon application and/or appeal
- Official transcripts from each higher education institution previously attended
- Evidence of Competency in Digital Technology (ie, Photoshop or like platforms) as measured by courses taken through undergraduate, portfolio pieces, or through the interview process.